- Starting your own technology-based business? Or,
- Registered your business less than 12 months ago?
- Looking for help?
Please read on if you answered yes to any of the above.
Starting your own business is undoubtedly risky so what can we do to help you reduce that risk? You’re thinking my schedule is jam-packed and if I try and squeeze in working with these people won’t it just slow me down? No, and here is why.
Together with our Business Adviser, Paul Bennett, you’ll explore where you are with your business idea or fledgeling business and agree what support you need to move you forward. It could be through one of our accelerator programs in marketing, finance or essential business skills or our intensive 12-hour business startathons.
Contact Paul Bennett, Technology Business Startup Adviser, on 02476 236406 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Spending an hour really digging into your business could be exactly what you need.
Our new programmes will launch shortly – contact us now to learn more and secure a place:
- Startathon: 12 intensive hours that will test your business idea to the limits.
- Acceleration Programmes in:
- Marketing – the customer proposition, digital marketing strategies, and social media to get your business out there and noticed, launching an innovative brand and group mentoring.
- Finance – what your accountant would tell you (if you had one), cash-flow essentials, bookkeeping, pitching and group mentoring.
- Essential Business Skills: starting your own business, pitching your business idea, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), business planning using the 1-page lean canvas model, new product development and group mentoring.
But we’re flexible – you can, of course, design your own support programme, with the help of our Business Adviser. You’ll receive approximately 12 hours of support that will help you fire up and move on with your business idea.
We don’t stop there. If your business has reached a maturity we will discuss further support you can access – whether it is brand development, support for developing a prototype or accessing a grant.
Our Business Adviser contacts all potential clients to ensure you are in a position to benefit from our support. You must be a pre-start business that has a technology-based business idea and you live in Coventry or Warwickshire. Otherwise, you need to be a business newly registered in the past 12 months based in Coventry or Warwickshire.
This activity is offered as part of the Coventry and Warwickshire Business Support Programme and is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Pitching – improving your pitch presentation.
Stragyzer’s YouTube channel, excellent business modelling resource.
Companies House – if you are aiming to run a Limited Company you’ll be spending time on this site – it is also a useful resource to check out other businesses before working with them.
Coventry University Students wishing to start their own business should contact Coventry University Social Enterprises in the first instance.
Gov.UK for Businesses – have a look under the business and self-employed section, there is a vast range of information available.
Government health and safety advice.
Growth Hub (Coventry & Warwickshire).
Marketing Donut – Great start-up and SME resources.
Trading Standards (Coventry).
Trading Standards (Warwickshire).