Research and Development Collaborations
Delivered by CUE and academics from CU’s Centre for the Built and Natural Environment, the Research collaborations aims to bring together and support SME’s interested in developing innovative low carbon initiatives.
Creation of up to several research collaborations focused on innovation in the low carbon sector
- Support SMEs to deliver energy efficiency and low carbon initiatives
- Support SMEs to bring to market innovative products, processes or services
- Support between SMEs, supply chain and other key stakeholders
The collaborations will conduct research and build networks of SMEs, supply chain and other sector stakeholders including housing associations. This will support SMEs to deliver innovative and energy efficient techniques across selected focus areas.
They will use the expertise of CU’s Centre for the Built and Natural Environment to drive collaborative research projects with SMEs in the low carbon sector.
Research Collaboration Themes
The current themes available for SME support are in the area of the following:
- Digital Construction – BIM, Digital Construction and Technologies
Download Digital Construction – BIM Summary
- Construction Materials – How can we make construction materials more efficient?
- Design for Demolition – End of life of buildings from a designer point of view
- Circular Economy – Reducing waste and efficient use of resources
- Indoor Environmental Quality and Climate Change Impact
- Strategic Management – Looking into the future of the business in terms of energy efficiency
- Energy Efficient Buildings and Construction
Interested? Please contact Kassim Caratella at:
Mobile: 07557 425 427