The Digital Advantage project will help SMEs in North Yorkshire grow and compete more effectively via the use of digital technologies.
With a spectrum of support ranging from a variety of workshops to match-funded grants, the project aims to ensure businesses can make the most of new digital and mobile technologies.
Much of the support is geared towards making websites work harder for businesses through web optimisation, new creative web content, cyber security, digital marketing and social media and e-commerce, alongside finding new routes to market and advice on accessing appropriate finance.
Additionally grants of up to £5,000 are available for SMEs to procure consultancy support to help them address digital issues specific to their business. Whether it is full digital marketing strategies, a new CRM solution or a way in which new systems can be more effectively embedded, these consultancies aim to transform how the business functions.
Adopting new technologies can speed up a business’s internal processes, enable flexible new ways of working and often save a business time and money. Keeping up with digital technologies and incorporating them into the day-to-day activity of a business is considered essential to remaining competitive in an increasingly digital marketplace.
The project will deliver one to one and workshop support to eligible SMEs and businesses will be able to apply for a 40% grant (minimum £1,000) to cover the cost of employing a specialist to address business specific digital improvements. Businesses will contribute 60% of the cost.
Workshops will cover digital technology based subjects such as
- web site and search engine optimisation
- better use of social media
- using the tablet and hand held devices in small businesses,
- e-commerce and web chat to your website to convert leads online
- cyber security
- managing relationships with customers online
- smarter working
- digital technologies in the manufacturing environment
Grants could support consultancy in
- digital strategy/planning – adding a digital element to the business plan
- web usability – improving online presence
- photo-video content creation helping SMEs to capture their own photo and video content
- mobile app – storyboarding and concept design
- E- commerce
- Telephony / VOTP
- Internationalisation of website
Digital Advantage programme is part financed by the European Regional Development Fund, and is delivered by Coventry University Enterprises Ltd.
To access advice and support please contact CUE Business Solutions: